What we Teach
The fundamental faith that we believe, teach, and confess are summarized in the Lutheran Catechism which consists of nine main sections.
- The Ten Commandments
- The Apostles Creed
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism
- The Office of the Keys and Confession
- The Sacrament of the Altar
- The Lord’s Prayer
- Daily Prayers
- Table of Duties
- Christian Questions
Our fellowship with the Church of the Lutheran Confession
Our congregation is one of nearly one hundred congregations in North America that make up the Church of the Lutheran Confession. The CLC also is affiliated with several foreign missions and church fellowships in Africa, India, and other countries.
As a member church of the CLC, we subscribe to several confessional writings that express our conviction on the teachings of our Lord against those teachings that would serve to neglect, undermine, corrupt, or change His Word.
- The Augsburg Confession–a statement of the catholic (universal) faith which emerged from the 16th century German reformation
- CLC Statement of Faith and Purpose–a statement of our congregation’s fellowship with the Church of the Lutheran Confession
- Concerning Church Fellowship 1961–a statement of faith regarding communion with other churches on earth
- Concerning Church and Ministry–a statement of faith regarding the form and ministry of the Church as Christ instituted